Hi,

In the documentation here:

http://code.google.com/apis/protocolbuffers/docs/techniques.html#large-data

it specifies that "if you are dealing in messages larger than a
megabyte each, it may be time to consider an alternate strategy".

My question is: does this apply to messages which are large because
they themselves contain many (i.e., thousands) of small messages?  Is
it okay to pack the data in this fashion, or should I start packing
each individual message manually using a type/length/value method?

Right now I have something like:

message BLM {

message TLM {
    repeated BLM blm = 1;
}

where there is only 1 TLM (top level message) and several BLMs (bottom
level messages).

Thanks in advance,

Brenden