This whole topic - how to save multiple messages to a single stream -
comes up frequently enough that I'm starting to think there should be
a more flexible answer than what's in the FAQ.  Declaring a one-byte
"End of Object" seems like it would be one way to handle it.  Whatever
it is, it should keep in mind that protocol buffers may not be coming
from files, but streaming from sockets (e.g. tcp).

If nothing else, I think this should be addressed for the sake of
consistency.  I've been encoding a 32-bit "length" before my my
protocol buffers... which works just fine but like I said, consistency
would be helpful.

Just my $0.02.