It looks like there are two Java ME implementations listed here:
  http://code.google.com/p/protobuf/wiki/ThirdPartyAddOns

But if neither one works for you, you may have to work on one of them until
it does.

(I'm not too familiar with Java ME, but I assume that it can't handle the
official Java implementation even in lite mode?)