Hi,

There was a recent post in this group saying that you can specify
additional
keywords in your protobuf message definition to steer XML de-/
serialization.

http://groups.google.com/group/protobuf/browse_thread/thread/2c1617a2ff4a22d7/5239dea7bee2d653?lnk=gst&q=ATTRIBUTE#5239dea7bee2d653

Don't know if this is realized as an intrinsic protobuf language
feature.

HTH
G√ľnther