What you want to do is create a Map<Descriptor, Message> which maps from
descriptors to default instances of each of your generated classes.  For
example:

  Map<Descriptor, Message> myMap = new ...;
  myMap.put(FooMessage.getDescriptor(), FooMessage.getDefaultInstance());
  myMap.put(BarMessage.getDescriptor(), BarMessage.getDefaultInstance());
  myMap.put(BazMessage.getDescriptor(), BazMessage.getDefaultInstance());

Now when you have a descriptor desc and you want to create a Builder for
that type, you do:

  Message.Builder builder = myMap.get(desc).newBuilderForType();

When you call builder.build(), you will end up with a Message that can be
down-cast to your generated type.

DynamicMessage is meant to be used for types that aren't compiled in at all.
 So of course you can't cast from DynamicMessage to a generated class -- the
generated classes are not subclasses of DynamicMessage.