I use 2.1.0 on solaris with sun studio compiler all the time. The thing is, you
cannot use Cstd, you must use stlport4. I already have the protobuf configure
script injecting the CXXFLAGS for that, but if you are overriding them, it's
gonna get ugly. Grep through the m4 files for stlport4 and you should see what
they are (I'm on a plane else I would paste the flags you need)

If there is another issue here, I'll be interested to hear about it. If that
doesn't fix it, could you show the entire compiler invocation line?

"Kenton Varda" <ken...@google.com> wrote:

>The warnings look harmless (it's complaining about the trailing comma after
>the last value in an enum).
>
>The errors suggest that your compiler is not very good with templates.  The
>line of code is:
>
>  return
>::google::protobuf::internal::ParseNamedEnum<FieldDescriptorProto_Type>(
>
>Apparently your compiler doesn't recognize that ParseNamedEnum is a
>template.  What compiler are you using?
>
>On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 7:27 PM, vikram <patilvik...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hello Guys,
>>
>>        I have generated protocol buffer header files and source files
>> from proto and compiled those with include files on linux without any
>> issues. Here I am trying to use same source files with same include
>> directory but on solaris so I have encountered following problems.
>> Does anyone have same issues while working with protobuf 2.1.0
>>
>> (*)() in call to pthread_once(_once*, extern "C" void(*)()) is being
>> passed void(*)().
>> "/work/$$$$/SunBuild/Server/../Tools/protobuf/include/google/protobuf/
>> descriptor.h", line 324: Warning: Identifier expected instead of "}".
>> "/work/$$$$/SunBuild/Server/../Tools/protobuf/include/google/protobuf/
>> descriptor.h", line 343: Warning: Identifier expected instead of "}".
>> "/work//$$$$//SunBuild/Server/../Tools/protobuf/include/google/
>> protobuf/descriptor.h", line 354: Warning: Identifier expected instead
>> of "}".
>> "/work//$$$$//SunBuild/Server/../Tools/protobuf/include/google/
>> protobuf/wire_format.h", line 177: Warning: Identifier expected
>> instead of "}".
>> "/work//$$$$//SunBuild/Server/../Tools/protobuf/include/google/
>> protobuf/descriptor.pb.h", line 83: Error: Unexpected type name
>> "google::protobuf::FieldDescriptorProto_Type" encountered.
>> "/work//$$$$//SunBuild/Server/../Tools/protobuf/include/google/
>> protobuf/descriptor.pb.h", line 102: Error: Unexpected type name
>> "google::protobuf::FieldDescriptorProto_Label" encountered.
>> "/work//$$$$//SunBuild/Server/../Tools/protobuf/include/google/
>> protobuf/descriptor.pb.h", line 120: Error: Unexpected type name
>> "google::protobuf::FileOptions_OptimizeMode" encountered.
>> "/work//$$$$//SunBuild/Server/../Tools/protobuf/include/google/
>> protobuf/descriptor.pb.h", line 138: Error: Unexpected type name
>> "google::protobuf::FieldOptions_CType" encountered.
>> 4 Error(s) and 5 Warning(s) detected.
>>
>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Vikram

Sent from my Android phone with K-9. Please excuse my brevity.