On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 2:07 PM, Kenton Varda <ken...@google.com> wrote:

> (Unless you are a Linux distribution maintainer, I'd strongly recommend
> statically-linking any binaries which you intend to distribute to others in
> binary form to avoid problems like this.)

On that topic - what's the right way to do this?

"-Wl,-Bstatic $(shell pkg-config --libs protobuf) -Wl,-Bdynamic" was
my initial attempt, but that fails on Solaris (it includes -lpthread,
which doesn't appear to have a static version installed, and I didn't
want to link to libpthread statically anyway ..)

-O