Sorry, forgot to mention. I am using Java. This started failing after
having to regenerate the code since one of the dependent classes changed.

Here is the exception details.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid embedded descriptor
for "Assertion.proto"

message
com.google.protobuf.Descriptors$DescriptorValidationException:
Assertion.proto: Dependencies passed to FileDescriptor.buildFrom() don't
match those listed in the FileDescriptorProto.

stacktrace is null

proto DescriptorProtos$FileDescriptorProto (id=1338) has the following in
debug

name: "Assertion.proto"
dependency: "Issuer.proto"
dependency: "Subject.proto"
dependency: "Conditions.proto"

I can't see any variable associated with fieldDEscriptor but from the code
i can see FieldDescriptor as follows
com.google.protobuf.Descriptors.FileDescriptor
.internalBuildGeneratedFileFrom(descriptorData,
new com.google.protobuf.Descriptors.FileDescriptor[] {
com.ebay.idp.proto.IssuerProto.getDescriptor(),
com.ebay.idp.proto.SubjectProto.getDescriptor(),
com.ebay.idp.proto.ConditionsProto.getDescriptor(),
}, assigner);

sujata