Hey,

I just started looking into protobuf for a project of mine.
>From the Java Api page I could not really find how to parse a
generated (compiled .proto is present) but "unknown" message.

So for example: I have messages types MessageA and MessageB. The
client component receives some bytes representing a message of type A
OR B. Do I have to add information of the type of message that's been
send, or is there an easy way of automatically parsing the message
like:

byte[] b; //hols byte representation of message
Message message = foo(b); //parse message
if(message instanceof MessageA)
  System.out.println("was type A");
else
  System.out.println("was type B");