Hi All,

I have what I believe is a simple task: write multiple protocol
buffers to a single file and then read them back sequentially. When
reading, I should not have to load the entire file in memory but read
each protobuf object one at a time (with some buffering). An example
application would to be store a large number of documents in a file,
where each document is a single protobuf.

This functionality seems to be provided in Java using writeTo
(OutputStream output) and parseFrom(InputStream input). However, it
seems to be missing from Python:
http://groups.google.com/group/protobuf/browse_thread/thread/cfe1955729077132/c8ccf86adecf3b47?lnk=gst
http://groups.google.com/group/protobuf/browse_thread/thread/838eb489871a92df/b2863c8b9ebfc433

Have people come up with a solution to this problem for Python? One
approach would be to port CodedOutputStream and CodedInputStream to
Python.

I am wondering if anyone has developed an approach to deal with this.

Best,
Mark