Hello,

We were using an old version of protobuf (2.0.3 windows ) and are
planning to migrate to the latest vesrion 2.2.0a. We started getting
some link errors with the latest version (2.2.0a windows) of
protobuf.

1>ivnt-mplsted.lib(ivnt-mplsted.dll) : error LNK2005: "protected:
__thiscall std::_Container_base_aux_alloc_empty<class
std::allocator<int> >::~_Container_base_aux_alloc_empty<class
std::allocator<int> >(void)" (??1?$_container_base_aux_alloc_em...@v?
$alloca...@h@std@@@std@@i...@xz) already defined in libprotobufd.lib
(descriptor.obj)
1>ivnt-mplsted.lib(ivnt-mplsted.dll) : error LNK2005: "protected:
__thiscall std::_Container_base_aux_alloc_empty<class
std::allocator<int> >::_Container_base_aux_alloc_empty<class
std::allocator<int> >(class std::allocator<int>)" (??0?
$_container_base_aux_alloc_em...@v?$allocator@h...@std@@@std@@i...@v?
$alloca...@h@1@@Z) already defined in libprotobufd.lib(descriptor.obj)
1>    Searching ..\debug\aria-commond.lib:

It looks like one of our libararies are using stl related stuff and
the same being used in libprotobuf as well. I believe this should be
ok and should not cause any issue. Have any body have faced such a
problem before , Any advice will be really helpfull.

Operating system is Windows Vista ,development environment is  Visual
Studio 2008 and the static version of libprotobuf is used.

NB: If we switch back to 2.0.3 every thing works fine.But we are
planning to use some of the new features and  hence the migration to
2.2.0a.

Thanks & Regards
Anu