Updates:
        Owner: ken...@google.com

Comment #1 on issue 151 by ken...@google.com: protobuf 2.3 's plugin not work on Cygwin 1.7.1

It's very strange that fork() would fail with ENOENT. What does this even mean? fork() does not take any parameters, so what file was not found? It looks to me like
Cygwin's implementation of fork() is buggy.  I believe when it calls
CreateProcessW(), it passes in the executable of the current process (in this case protoc.exe), and that's apparently what can't be found. But I don't know why that
would be.

Looks like Cygwin 1.7 was just released a couple weeks ago. Guess it's time to
upgrade.