Updates:

Comment #1 on issue 154 by ken...@google.com: Generate operator =() implementatoin for messages.

I think you mean operator==().

We intentionally chose not to include comparison, as we find it is rarely used outside of tests and it adds significantly to the generated code size, which is
already too big.  Try this instead:
  message1.SerializeAsString() == message2.SerializeAsString()

You could also write code to compare via the reflection interface. It would be kind of slow but for tests this is irrelevant. We have some code like this which I hope
to release publicly if I can find time to clean it up...