I don't think anyone here is likely to have any idea what the problem is.  I
cannot reproduce it, so I can't be of any help.  You'll need to debug it
yourself.  Try examining the build logs to see exactly how your compiler is
being invoked and figure out how it is *supposed* to be invoked to get the
results you want.  Maybe if you post those, we might be able to figure out
how to invoke "configure" to get what you want.