Hi,

I am trying to compile protobuf cpp example.
$ cd /media/EXTDIV/src/protobuf-2.3.0/examples
$ make cpp

But I am getting these errors:
c++ add_person.cc addressbook.pb.cc -o add_person_cpp `pkg-config
--cflags --libs protobuf`
In file included from add_person.cc:6:
addressbook.pb.h:16:2: error: #error This file was generated by an
older version of protoc which is
addressbook.pb.h:17:2: error: #error incompatible with your Protocol
Buffer headers. Please
addressbook.pb.h:18:2: error: #error regenerate this file with a newer
version of protoc.
add_person.cc: In function ‘int main(int, char**)’:
add_person.cc:66: error: cannot declare variable ‘address_book’ to be
of abstract type ‘tutorial::AddressBook’
addressbook.pb.h:246: note:   because the following virtual functions
are pure within ‘tutorial::AddressBook’:

I downnload the source tar ball 2.3.0 on Ubuntu. Is that out of date?

Thank you.