So I've downloaded the 2.3.0 version of the win binary
I've created a tutorial.proto file ( copy/pasted off the protobuf
website )

both protoc.exe and tutorial.proto are in the same folder

command line used:   protoc --cpp_out=. tutorial.proto

the tutorial.pb.h and tutorial.pb.cc get generated, yet I cannot find
any of the ParseFrom methods in there, and only
SerializeWithCachedSizes and SerializeWithCachedSizesToArray are
generated.

Am I missing something obvious here? Is this the light version of
classes?

thanks in advance,

Ani