I see my mistakes. Thanks

On 1 Mar 2010 08:44, "Kenton Varda" <ken...@google.com> wrote:

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 3:47 AM, adamdms <adam.kwintkiew...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I created (from tu...
This is field number 1, wire type 2 (length-delimited).

Remember that the thing you are encoding is an AddressBook, not a Person.

  message AddressBook {
    repeated Person person = 1;
  }

So the first byte is the tag for a person in the AddressBook.

> 2E - 0|010 1110 - 46 (but first person has ID = 1)

This is the length of the Person message.

> 0A - 0|000 1010 - wire type 0 (variant, but that field is string, it
> should be type = 2); f...
Now we're actually in the Person, so this is the "name" field.  Note that
fields are ordered by field number, so "name" always comes *before* "id".