Kenton,

    I don't imagine this to be an option within TextFormatter.  My
question should be reworded:

     What is the lowest effort method to produce something similar to
relations within a currently defined TextFormatter ingest file?  Would
it be to extend TextFormatter or create a preprocessor that would
evaluate basic entries and tokenize before TextFormatter runs?  I
guess it's an overall design question.  I realize this is not the
intention of ProtoBuf but the simplistic file format lends itself well
to disseminating configuration information across many processing
nodes.