Hi Fred - that is unfortunately pretty vague - can you clarify exactly what
happens? The most common mistake when using a MemoryStream is to start
reading from it without resetting the Position to 0 (essentially, rewinding
it).

The other common mistake is to try overwriting it (from the beginning)
without truncating it first (or indeed, after). From your example I can't
see which of these (or neither) is the case - but I'll happily help if you
can add more detail / context.

Note also that in v1 (the downloadable dll) your entity (Person) must have
special attributes (these are added automatically if you start from .proto).
You can avoid this in v2 (only available as source, and not complete).

Let me know.

Marc
[protobuf-net]

On 19 March 2010 13:54, frederic michaud <rabaskaf...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I try exemple to the protobuf.net in a Getting Started page it's work,
> after that i change file by memorystream and i cant work ???
>
> Stream tt = new MemoryStream();
> Serializer.Serialize<Person>(tt, person);
>
> fred

Regards,

Marc