I was testing to see the upper limit for numbers of records in one
file.
I used the addressbook example, and I noticed that for one record
it generates file double the size.

for ex. size of the class I was putting into it was 48 bytes and the
file
was of 97 bytes on ubuntu 9.10.

Now, I go test it with 1000 records bang! it goes many fold and with
records in hundreds of thousands, file size increases in many folds.

Has anyone investigated around this area ? I did not note down the
exact numbers as I thought someone should already have done it.

Please let me know if you want the detail test numbers, I can run
through it again and provide you with information.