I am working with Protocol Buffers and Java, and it works like a
charm. Thanks for a great library!

I am trying to understand the limits in Protocol Buffers. Let's say I
wish to have a protoc file that defines 500 (or 1,000, or 10,000)
message types. The resulting Java class file will be huge; will that
create any problems? Will I hit any limits?

Now, say I want to split (reasonably) that huge single file into
several separate protoc files. This way I will generate separate Java
classes for them (say X files in total). But in this scenario, I think
I will not be able to call the generated static function that
registers all extensions, and I will be forced to call each of the X
static functions by hand. Is this correct?

Thanks again and best regards.