+protobuf mailing list

This is a bit outside the scope of protocol buffers - the core library does
not provide any such functionality. I am personally not that familiar with
their usage, but I don't see any technical limitations to using protocol
buffers with shared memory. It would be a bit trickier as you may have to
deal with concurrency issues, ensure that the shared memory segment is large
enough to hold the serialized protos, and maybe manage reuse of the shared
memory segment. But given a sufficiently large piece of shared memory you
could just use SerializeToArray/ParseFromArray to write and read the data.