Updates:
        Owner: ken...@google.com

Comment #7 on issue 103 by ken...@google.com: Protobuf 2.1.0 missing some sort of pthread linking?

OK, that sounds promising. However, I'm having trouble finding information on how to
accomplish this.  The Makefile.am has this:

libprotobuf_la_LIBADD = $(PTHREAD_LIBS)
libprotobuf_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info 6:0:0 -export-dynamic -no-undefined

So -lpthread (part of PTHREAD_LIBS) is being passed to the link step for libprotobuf. As far as I can tell from the libtool docs, this is all you are supposed to do for
inter-library dependencies:

http://www.gnu.org/software/libtool/manual/libtool.html#Inter_002dlibrary-
dependencies

What am I doing wrong?