Hi,

Are protobuf binary packages for Windows available somewhere -
official or unofficial?

I'm the developer of Ostinato (http://code.google.com/p/ostinato)
which uses protoBufs. From the posts on the Ostinato mailing lists and
issues in the Ostinato issue tracker, it seems to me that Windows
developers may find it easier to work with a binary SDK instead of
having to compile protobuf from source (Linux users have the advantage
of pre-built packages from their distribution).

I understand of course the C++ and binary incompatibility problem
between compilers - a MinGW version and MSVC version of the SDK would
cover 90-95% of users I would think.

Regards,
Srivats