Hi,

I've been struggling to figure out just exactly how to do the many
smaller messages approach. I've implemented this strategy, which is
working except for a byte limit problem:

http://groups.google.com/group/protobuf/browse_thread/thread/038cc4ad000b4265/95981da7e07ce197?hide_quotes=no

I also raised the byte limit using SetTotalBytesLimit to maxint.

I use a python program to read my data form disk and package it up
into messages that are roughly 110 bytes each. Then I pipe it to a C++
program that reads messages and crunches. But, I still have a problem
because the total number of bytes of all my smaller messages is
greater than maxint and the C++ fails to read when it hits the limit.

I like the protobuf approach to passing data, I just need to remove
that limit.

What can I do?

Thanks,
Terri