Looks like an error in gtest, which is a separate project.  If they have
fixed it and released a new version before the next protobuf release, then
we will pick up that fix.  In the meantime, you could try downloading the
fixed gtest release and dropping it into the "gtest" directory under the
protobuf source tree, but you may have to update gtest's VS project files to
use C runtime library versions matching the protobuf VS projects (last I
checked they didn't match; the protobuf release contains modified project
files for gtest).