const google::protobuf::Descriptor* pDescriptorResponse =
                m_pFileDescriptor->FindMessageTypeByName( "SomeMessage" );

    const google::protobuf::Message* pConstMessageResponse =
                m_pMessageFactory->GetPrototype( pDescriptorResponse );

    SomeMessage* pSomeMessage = pConstMessageResponse->New();

where SomeMessage* is a google::protobuf::Message*

pSomeMessage->set_my_field();   --- causes a crash because my_field is
NULL   where 'set_my_field' is defined in some_service.pb.cc

Does this mean that we can't mix compiled implementation's with
message generated from a MessageFactory?