Hi

I have modified text_format.py to support more human friendly
multiline strings with this syntax (borrowed from Python):
some_string: """line1
line2
line3"""

All new lines inside the multiline string are included in the value of
the string. The modifications are:
- extend _Tokanizer class to support parsing these (and ''' quoted strings)
- added a default False triple_quotes keyword argument to all "print"
functions from text_format.py and propagated it through the delegated
calls and implemented it by wrapping string contents with """ and
unescaping \n

Please let me know if you want me to share this patch or I should keep
it in my project that needs it, monkey patching the official code.

--
Mihai Rusu