Hi All,

I'm a newbie here, please forgive me if the question looks silly. :)

I've tried "./configure && make && make install" to install protocol
buffer 2.3.0 on my Ubuntu 10.4 machine, and it works fine.

On the other hand, I'm thinking about whether it's possible to build
an "independent" executable file / directory which I can copy to other
machine and run directly.

I've tried "./configure --enable-static" but it seems doesn't work.

Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jacky