So at various times (2008 - 2009) there are posts by people inquiring
about conversions from XML Schemas to .proto.

Even one such post provided the xslt file.  Is there any chance the
Protocol Buffer project will formally support and release an XSLT that
would be updated with each release?  Would I be better posting this to
the ProtoStuff project? Overall my concern is simple, without support
from this project, the only way to be certain the tool works is to
validate it myself each time, or do the impossible and convince my
customers/teammates to abandon XSD as a form of documentation.

Thanks,

moo