On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 6:57 AM, Prakash Rao <prakashrao1...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for your response. I wanted to whether it's CodedInputStream &
> CodedOutputStream which does encoding of data in PB?.

Yes, these classes handle the PB wire format.

> Will data get
> encoded if I just use OutputStream & InputStream (without wrapping it
> in CodedOutputStream & CodedInputStream) while sending & receiving the
> same?

Are you asking about using Java serialization, and using
writeObject/readObject on InputStream and OutputStream? Messages implement
Serializable, and override it so that the protobuf wire format is used.
CodedInput/OutputStream will be used to read and write that format.