I'm having an issue on building the jar version and I can not figure
out why.

D/L'ed the source and compiled the C++.  I'm on Windows 7 so I used
the VS C++.  Moved the protoc.exe to the Java/src directory.  I also
moved it to another directory in that is in my PATH.  When I run 'mvn
test' I get an Ant BuildException "can not run program"../src/protoc":
System cannot find the file specified'

I followed the instructions for compiling the C++ and Java.  I even D/
L'ed the windows binary and put it in the java/src directory with the
same result.