Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 216 by rosskinder: FileOutputStream::Flush broken?

Either I am misunderstanding the point of FileOuputStream::Flush(), or it doesn't work. I suspect the latter.

In the attached minimal example when complied with Visual Studio 2008, the call to Flush() causes 8192 bytes to be written. The extra bytes are all 0xCD, the Debug CRT's default for newly allocated bytes. I expect only the bytes I've actually written to the stream to be written.

I have not tried other platforms.

Attachments:
        file_output_stream_bug.cc  1.4 KB