Hi,

We have a lot of definitions that have a number of repetitive
properties, but we would like to keep the object definition flat (i.e.
no field called base containing the base fields).  The reason is that
the definition may end up getting copied to another object where
inheritance is not an issue or serialized to another format (JSON or
XML) where it also makes sense to not have a nested field.

I would like to do something like have 'option clone = "some/other/
proto.proto"' where the fields would get cloned from another object.
Just curious if anyone has done anything like this.

Thanks.