Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
New issue 220 by david.vo...@gmail.com: TextFormat:Parser cannot parse
strings with colon?
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Create a message with a string field (examplefield)
2. Fill this field with some text and with colon, for example: 'some:text'
3. Serialize this message with Textformat into a string.
4. Deserialize this serialized message from string
5. Compare the original input string with this deserialized one.
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
I would like to see the original string.
(And now I see "some" instead of "some:text" )
What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
64bit Linux, debian package , Protobuf 2.3.0, C++.
Please provide any additional information below.
1, I think you should escape the colon, just like quoting char (").
2, I also think you should make a unit test to serialize/deserialize every
character from ascii 0 to 255 on all officially supported languages.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Protocol
To post to this group, send email to proto...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at