Owner: ken...@google.com
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 220 by david.vo...@gmail.com: TextFormat:Parser cannot parse strings with colon?

What steps will reproduce the problem?
 1. Create a message with a string field (examplefield)
 2. Fill this field with some text and with colon, for example: 'some:text'
 3. Serialize this message with Textformat into a string.
 4. Deserialize this serialized message from string
 5. Compare the original input string with this deserialized one.

 I would like to see the original string.
 (And now I see "some" instead of "some:text" )

 64bit Linux, debian package , Protobuf 2.3.0, C++.

 1, I think you should escape the colon, just like quoting char (").
2, I also think you should make a unit test to serialize/deserialize every character from ascii 0 to 255 on all officially supported languages. (C,C++,Python)