As Kenton said, including plugin.proto would bloat the core library. Only
people implementing proto compilers such as yourself need to use it.

On the C++ side, you would typically just build a statically linked binary
that has all of the plugin generated code linked in. It's not included in
the C++ core library either. There are various mechanisms to package python
programs, e.g. http://www.pyinstaller.org/, that would allow you to give
users a functioning plugin program without requiring that they install the
generated modules for plugin.proto.