Hi,
I am new to protocol buffers, and I am trying to serialize a message
to a file.  I need to serialize the file so that in can be opened in
Java using parseDelimitedFrom().  However, when I write to the file
using SerializeToCodedStream or SerializeWithCachedSizes, nothing
happens to the serializedMessage.bin file, and it stays at 0 bytes.
Why is nothing being written to the file?  I have attached the code
below:

int fd = open("serializedMessage.bin", O_WRONLY);

google::protobuf::io::ZeroCopyOutputStream* fileOutput = new
google::protobuf::io::FileOutputStream(fd);

google::protobuf::io::CodedOutputStream* codedOutput = new
google::protobuf::io::CodedOutputStream(fileOutput);

codedOutput->WriteVarint32(message1.ByteSize());
message1.SerializeToCodedStream(codedOutput);
// also tried snap1.SerializeWithCachedSizes(codedOutput)

close(fd);

Thanks!