Hi,

I am thinking about using the protocol buffers over XML for a server I
am writing.

Is there a way to pick up on what message type / descriptor it is
without using the specific compiled .proto implementation?

The server needs to be very flexible / modular.  So I was hoping to
develop modules of functionality, each defining there own .proto
messages.  Then have a simple incoming connection which can
effectively inspect /  pass these messages onto a matching handler in
whatever module owns that message.

I can include descriptor/typing information in the stream to the
server to match the handler, but was hoping / thought the google
protocol library may have some ways to poke at the messages -- have
not found any yet.

Been reading about the reflection on Messages, but seems like this
just for a parsed message to inspect it in a generic / abstract way,
i.e. not like java reflection which is more what I need to id a
message but I parse it properly.

Thanks for any help,
Jon.