Oh, I just found out that you are the developer. It seems I am not the
only one who thinks you reinvented the wheel :

http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2008/07/protocol-buffers-googles-data.html

As someone mentioned there :

"The apparent complexity of ASN.1 is largely due to its flexibility -
if you're using only the sort of functionality that pbuffer gives you,
it would be pretty much the same, I would think."

Luis.