I think your best bet is to construct an std::string from the iterator
range, and then parse from that.  STL-style iterators are awkward because
they achieve polymorphism via templates.  In order for the protobuf parser
to be able to use arbitrary iterators directly, the whole parser would have
to be an enormous template.  This would be impractical for a lot of reasons.