Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium
New issue 240 by david.vo...@gmail.com: windows share handling (
\\server\share) bug in protoc compiler
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. inside a proto file import an another proto file from a windows share
2. try to run protoc on the importer file
3. protoc fails because of \ -> / replaces
What is the expected output? What do you see instead?
- protoc should handle windows shares ("\\server" form)
- (Of course, there is a workaround: you can map the network share as a
drive (e.g. W:), but this is only a workaround.
What version of the product are you using? On what operating system?
- protobuf 2.3, win32/64
Please provide any additional information below.
A possible solution:
A possible solution attached. (The patch is from line 262 to line 273.)
(diff the attached importer.cc with your file.)
But any other solution (that can work on windows shares) could be great.
importer.cc 15.9 KB
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Protocol
To post to this group, send email to proto...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
For more options, visit this group at