Thanks for the reply.

I encoded "Hello world" in Base64 and I got this "SGVsbG8gd29ybGQ=".
That doesn't look close to the format I sent in the question. Here's
the code snippet I used:

import org.apache.commons.codec.binary.Base64;
public class Codec {
                try {
                        String clearText = "Hello world";
                        // Base64
                        System.out.println("Encoded: " +
Base64.encodeBase64String(clearText.getBytes()));
                } catch (Exception e) {
                        e.printStackTrace();

I'm using this: http://code.google.com/p/protobuf-java-format/ for
JSON <--> PB conversion