Protocol buffers itself has no built-in RPC implementation.  You have to
find an RPC implementation that supports whatever languages you are
interested in, or write your own.  It's not too hard to write a simple RPC
implementation given protocol buffers as a base.  Sending protobufs over
HTTP is a popular solution that lets you leverage existing infrastructure.