On Jan 12, 2011, at 12:57 , Nader Salehi wrote:
I have a Java-base TCP server which needs some modification.  It has
to accept messages as CodedInputStream from C++ clients that send
CodedOutputStream.  The server uses NIO class
java.nio.channels.SocketChannel to read from the socket.  What would
be the easiest way to attach a CodedInputStream to this?

I created a really thin InputStream implementation that wrapped my NIO ByteBuffer(s), then use CodedInputStream.newInstance(InputStream stream). You really only need to implement the read(byte[] destination, int offset, int length) method of this class, so it is actually pretty straightforward. There might be a "better" way but it works for me. Hope this helps,

Evan

--
Evan Jones
http://evanjones.ca/