Hi all,

I have a strange behavior with java release 2.3.0 and I need your help:

Protos.proto:

message Request {
    required Api api_call = 1;
    extensions 100 to 200;
}

message RefundRequest {
    extend Request {
        optional RefundRequest refund_request = 100;
    }
    required int32 orderId = 1;

Client (java):

Protos.RefundRequest refundRequest =
    Protos.RefundRequest.newBuilder()
            .setOrderId(2)
            .build();

Protos.Request request =
    Protos.Request.newBuilder()
            .setApiCall(Protos.Api.REFUND)
.setExtension(Protos.RefundRequest.refundRequest, refundRequest)
            .build();

Server (java):

byte[] data; // data is properly initialized with all bytes transmitted over the wire.

Protos.Request request = Protos.Request.parseFrom(data);

// request.getApiCall() is correct. now I need to get transmitted order Id. I do expect to have 2.

ExtensionRegistry registry = ExtensionRegistry.newInstance();
registry.add(Protos.RefundRequest.refundRequest);

RefundRequest refundRequest = Protos.RefundRequest.parseFrom(
                    data, registry
                    );

here is the problem:

refundRequest.getOrderId() returns always "1" ?!? no exceptions during encoding, transmitting and receiving the data.

What I do wrong?