On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 18:41, dear chap <dear.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am getting the following compilation error for ppc/440
>
> google/protobuf/descriptor.cc: In member function `virtual const
> google::protobuf::FieldDescriptor*
> google::protobuf::DescriptorBuilder::OptionInterpreter::AggregateOptionFinder::FindExtension(google::protobuf::Message*,
> const std::string&) const':
> ./google/protobuf/descriptor.h:1152: error:
> `google::protobuf::internal::Mutex*google::protobuf::DescriptorPool::mutex_'
> is private
> google/protobuf/descriptor.cc:4341: error: within this context
> ./google/protobuf/descriptor.h:1152: error:
> `google::protobuf::internal::Mutex*google::protobuf::DescriptorPool::mutex_'
> is private
> google/protobuf/descriptor.cc:4342: error: within this context
>
> This is under a cross compilation environment with ppc_440-g++ version
> 3.4.3.

Looks like the old gcc is confused about the fact that
DescriptorBuilder::OptionInterpreter::AggregateOptionFinder should be
able to access the private mutex of DescriptorPool who befriended
DescriptorBuilder. Well, it is a tricky relationship :)

Now, gcc 3.4.3 is a > 6 year old compiler (
http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.4/ ) - can you try to get a newer version ?