The protobuf in android source code is a branched protobuf for google voice,
which is not intended for public use, and may change in the future.
Generally, you should use the opensource version of protobuf in your app,
set the "option optimize_for = "LITE_RUNTIME";" in your proto file and use
the protobuf-lite library.