Comment #2 on issue 258 by ev...@mit.edu: Allow service methods with 0 arguments and/or no return value

I seem to recall that the argument here may be "this is as designed." The typical "work around" is that you define an empty argument / return value and use that. The argument is that this is typically a better design, since then you can evolve your application: when you discover that you *do* need to pass some options around, or have some return value, you just extend the empty message.

I'm not the official word on this stuff though.