Owner: ken...@google.com
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 260 by cmb...@gmail.com: protoc 2.4.0 doesn't compile service clauses for --java_out

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Set up a simple .proto file including a service name { rpc ... }. I used the one protobuf-rpc-pro-demo-1.1.0.zip (http://code.google.com/p/protobuf-rpc-pro/). 2. Compile the .proto file with the windows 2.3.0 and 2.4.0 exe zip (note that I couldn't build the 2.4.0 exe because of an error from gcc). Command line for either: protoc --java_out ../java/ pingpong.proto
3. Diff the files.

Expect: Difference, but no major missing features.
Got: public static abstract class PingService and PongService were only in the 2.3.0 file.

Windows.  2.3.0 and 2.4.0.