That makes perfect sense.

Yes, of course I know I can implement my own method to log messages,
and, in fact, that's what I'm doing. It would be nice if TextFormat
were written in such a way that I didn't have to copy the code. In
fact, if my logger is debug enabled, I construct a
java.lang.reflect.Proxy for the Message the delegates getAllFields,
but replaces the fields I want to suppress. It's a little hacky, but
it is the only way to take advantage of TextFormat without copying the
code. I want to avoid copying because who knows what you'll do on the
next version?

Anyway, thanks for considering it. And thanks for keeping protobuf
bloat-free!